Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bear fight!

I want to wrestle a bear. Not a big bear, a good medium sized black or brown bear. Maybe a bear "teenager". I have harbored this desire for a long time now and felt that I should come public. It is likely that this opportunity will never arise, but I still want to do it. A co-worker suggested that in order to wrestle a bear, I might have to leave the country. That is probably true. Bear wrestling is probably frowned upon by most. I recognize that I would probably suffer some injuries, but it might be totally worth it to wrestle a bear. How many people can tell that story?

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Emmett's favorite food is grizzly bear. He loves to wrestle them right when they come out of hibernation because they're more irritable. (See Twilight by Stephanie Meyer) Other than the Cullen vampires and Davy Crockett I can't think of anyone who can claim to have wrestled a bear. Good luck. Let me know when you plan this adventure and I will come film it, from a safe location up a tree.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

Is Twilight the new Vampire series? I had no idea that there was bear wrestling in it.

Shannon said...

Well not technically, there isn't but Edward tells Bella that his brother Emmett's favorite food is grizzly bear and so on. And yes, Twilight is the new Vampire series. I'm quite addicted and your wife would be too if she read them. They are adventure romance.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Bear wrestling, manly names, time machines....seems to me that you're having either a premature midlife crises or feeling testosterone surges. Isn't your world primitive enough? Poor desk lawyer fellow. Turn off the computer and put down the wii and go dig a hole or something...from time to time beat your chest and yell "Ho!"