Friday, March 30, 2007

My seductive mistress: Golf

I played Golf this morning for the first time this season. It was around 40 degrees, and we didn't see anyone else on the course. It was a bit chilly. But it was fun. As usual, I averaged between an 8 and 10 on every hole. I was able to hit some nice straight shots, but also topped alot of balls and I can't hit straight with my driver to save my life.

The problem is that golf is very addicting. Every time I play, on about hole 5 or 6 of nine, I am playing so poorly that I swear that I will never play again. Then I get two bogeys and one double in the last three holes and I think, okay, I have finally figured it out. But I haven't. The next game will be the same. You are blessed enough to have one really good shot or a decent hole or two so that you are sucked in and want to play more. It is a vicious cycle. The good shot or decent hole is a giant teaser. Come back, it shouts at me, and I am powerless to resist.

So here I am, and I can't wait to play again.

It's a very seductive game.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

It must be like web sudoku.