Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A question answered, peace of mind restored.

A while back, I posted an open question about chicken. I wondered, with the proliferation in the US of white meat products, what was happening to the dark meat. Apparently, it is going to Russia. My marketing textbook has informed me that, while Americans prefer white meat, Russian consumers prefer dark meat. According to the text, about 1/4 of American chicken legs are eaten by Russians. I guess I can put my fears and questions to rest.

2 comments:

Linda G. Paulsen said...

As it happens, I know 2 Americans who prefer chicken legs to the white meat: Grandma Phillis and Emily (who calls them "chicken bones"). Maybe they are Russians in disguise.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

From: Dad Paulsen: Comrade! I too enjoy that dark meat and I am insulted that the American poultry industry is sending my good dark meat to a a bunch of communists. Let's raise fists (or wings) up in protest!
Give me my brown meat!